Silent Facade

Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Valentine Day

First of all, a big thank you to all my friends who woke up at an unearthly hour to send me off. Your thoughts are very much appreciated. Let me know what you want. Fake Prada, Armani, Gucci, Coach or just plain ol’ melamine, I’ll send it all to you. Any original things requested will be placed into my ‘when-I-get-rich’ list. The moment I hit an oil field or a diamond mine, or marry a rich girl for that matter, you’ll get it.

The flight has been just ok. Poor ratings are given due to the poor selection of on-demand movies available. Could have used better entertainment. Free kisses from the stewardess for flying on Valentine’s also did not materialize. The only kiss someone wants to give was from CB who’s intending to propose to his girlfriend. Wrong target, my friend.

After a 5 hours flight to Shanghai, I had to keep on flattening my butt in a car for another 2.5 hours from there to the office at Yang Cheng Lake. Now, I’m sitting in the office, void of people because they all went out for a meeting.

So here I wait, twiddling my thumbs, stomach growling, typing this out to post later (can’t connect to internet via my laptop) and itching to play some computer games. Of course I didn’t dare. My back is facing the entrance. Won’t want to risk the GM, various directors and all other staff to return and catch me doing such brain stimulating exercises. Not a very good impression when they find out I play better at a game them they do, right?

First day in office, I’m continuing to make my butt flat, waiting for my pep talk before getting shuttled to my apartment in Suzhou. Thank goodness tomorrow’s Sunday.

Update: 3 hours wait and they finally back. Well, at least I get to stay at a hotel tonight. That means INTERNET!
posted by Cylee at 11:31 pm I