Silent Facade

Monday, February 16, 2009

Popsicle Man

Did I say it was not that cold anyway? I take it all back.

It rained last night and the temperature just plummeted. I had my aircon on blasting at 30 degree to give me comfort but at midnight, it just stopped. No matter how I adjusted the remote, it won’t work.

I have no thick clothing and I had no quilt or even a blanket. I piled on my jacket and slept a couple of unfitful hours before I woke up again and fiddle with the aircon again out of desperation. It didn’t work. I was resigned to turning into a human popsicle.

At 4am, I woke up once again to fiddle with the aircon yet once more, on my relentless pursuit for happiness. Then I heard something. Following, I felt something. Ahhh…the bliss of hot air. Was the weather so cold it needed 4 hours to heat up the air? Or was the aircon just lousy? I didn’t care. I took whatever sleep I could get like a hungry jackal with a dead moose.

Today, right after getting back home from work, I rushed to the neighbourhood supermarket to get a quilt before it closed. At least if I become a popsicle, I come wrapped.
posted by Cylee at 10:18 pm I